Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Language of SMS

The Language of SMS

 

Abbreviation - Meaning of SMS Phrases AAR At any rate 
AAS Alive and smiling 
ADN Any day now 
AEAP As early as possible 
AFAIK As far as I know 
AFK Away from keyboard 
AISB As it should be 
AOTA All of the above 
ASAP As soon as possible 
A/S/L Age/sex/location

B4 Before 
B4N Bye for now 
BAK Back at keyboard 
BAU Business as usual 
BBIAF Be back in a few 
BBIAM Be back in a minute 
BBL Be back later 
BC Because 
BCNU Be seein' you 
BFN Bye for now 
BOL Best of luck 
BRB Be right back 
BTA But then again 
BTW By the way

CMIIW Correct me if I'm wrong 
CMON Come one 
CU See you 
CUA See you around 
CUL See you later 
CUL8R See you later 
CWYL Chat with you later 
CYA Cover Your Ass
CYO See you online

DEGT Don't even go there 
DIKU Do I know you? 
DQMOT Don't quote me on this 
DTS Don't think so

EMA E-mail address 
EOM End of message

F2F Face to face 
FISH First in, still here 
FAMCL Falling of my chair laughing 
FITB Fill in the blank 
FUBAR Fu**ed beyond recognition
FWIW For what it's worth 
FYI For your information
 
GA Go ahead 
GAL Get a life 
GB Goodbye 
GFI Go for it 
GG Gotta Go 
GIAR Give it a rest 
GMTA Great minds think alike 
GOL Giggling out loud 
GR&D Grinning, running and ducking 
GTRM Going to read mail
 
HAGN Have a good night 
HAGO Have a good one 
HHIS Head hanging in shame 
HRU How are you? 
HTH Hope this helps

IAC In any case 
IB I'm back 
IC I see 
ICBW It could be worse 
IDK I don't know 
IDTS I don't think so 
IIRC If I remember correctly
ILU I love you 
ILY I love you 
IM Instant message 
IMHO In my humble opinion 
IMNSHO In my not so humble opinion 
IMO In my opinion 
INAL I'm not a lawyer 
IOW In other words 
IRMC I rest my case 
IUSS If you say so 
IYKWIM If you know what I mean 
IYO In your opinion 
IYSS If you say so

JAC Just a sec 
JIK Just in case 
JJA Just joking around 
JK Just kidding
 
KOTC Kiss on the cheek 
KNIM Know what I mean?
 
L8R Later 
LD Later, dude 
LMAO Laughing my a** off 
LOL Laughing out loud 
LTM Laugh to myself 
LTNS Long time no see
 
MorF Male or female? 
MUSM Miss you so much
 
NBD No big deal 
NIMBY Not in my back yard 
NMH Not much here 
NOYB None of your business 
NP No problem 
NRN No response necessary 
NW No way
 
OIC Oh, I see 
OMG Oh my God 
OO Over and out 
OOTD One of these days 
OTOH On the other hand 
OTTOMH Off the top of my head
 
PDQ Pretty darn quick 
PLMK Please let me know 
PMFI Pardon me for interrupting 
PMFJI Pardon me for jumping in 
POAHF Put on a happy face 
PTL Praise the Lord 
PXT Please explain that 
PU That stinks!
 
RR Romney and Ryan
RU Real life 
RME Rolling my eyes 
ROTFL Rolling on the floor laughing 
RSN Real soon now
 
SMHID Scratching my head in disbelief 
SOMY Sick of me yet? 
SPST Same place, same time 
SOTMG Short of time, must go 
SSDD Same stuff, different day 
STW Search the Web
 
SUITM See you in the morning 
SUL See you later 
SUP What's up? 
SYL See you later

TAFN That's all for now 
TAM Tomorrow a.m. 
TC Take care 
THX Thanks 
TIA Thanks in advance 
TLK2UL8R Talk to you later 
TMI Too much information 
TMWFI Take my word for it 
TPM Tomorrow p.m. 
TPTB The powers that be 
TTFN Ta ta for now 
TTTT These things take time 
TTYL Talk to you later 
TTYS Talk to you soon 
TU Thank you 
TY Thank you 
TYT Take your time 
TYVM Thank you very much

UGTBK You've got to be kidding 
UW You're welcome
 
WAM Wait a minute 
WAYF Where are you from? 
WB Welcome back 
WIIFM What's in it for me? 
WTC World Trade Center
WTG Way to go 
WTH What the heck? 
WU? What's up? 
WUF? Where are you from? 
WWJD What would Jesus do? 
WWYC Write when you can 
WYSIWYG What you see is what you get
 
YBS You'll be sorry 
YGBKM You gotta be kidding me 
YW You're welcome

0 comments:

Post a Comment